A car wax is a common method that people use to protect their cars’ exterior from the environment. Wax is full of malleable solids that change into liquids when temperatures rise. Many people tend to use either a carnauba-based wax (natural) or a sealant (synthetic). Here are some pros and cons of using wax on your car to keep it clean.
- Easy to use on your own
- Can be used in warmer climates
- Wears off quickly
- False car wax products are available
- Can be more expensive over time
Another option for a car detailing is to get ceramic coating. Ceramic coating has a purpose similar to that of a car wax: protecting your vehicle’s exterior from harmful outside elements so that you can keep it in pristine shape. Just as with car wax, you should be aware of a few pros and cons to ceramic coating.
- Longer-lasting compared to car wax
- Gives your car a glossy appearance
- Protects from UV rays and chemical stains
- You still need to keep up with car washes
- No protection from scratches, swirl marks, and water spots
- It’s better done by a professional
There are several similarities and differences between ceramic coating and car waxing. As for what option is the best for your vehicle, well, that’s for you to decide. If you’re leaning towards the ceramic coating option, then you should visit Windows and Wheels Auto Detailing. At our Gilbert, AZ, location, you can get some of the finest CQuartz ceramic coating done on your vehicle.