You’ve undoubtedly heard the term “paint protection” if you’ve ever bought a new car. Many people consider applying it to their vehicle when they want it to look like they just drove it off the lot for an extended period. While many dealers and body shops offer the service, is auto paint protection worth it? Find out here.
What Is Paint Protection?
Auto paint protection is an invisible protective layer placed on top of the car’s paint. It features a self-healing top-coat composition with a high-gloss finish resistant to damage like cracks and scratches. When you don’t treat your vehicle with paint protection, it’s more vulnerable to different types of road debris like rock chips, bird droppings, salt, insects, and much more.
How Does It Work?
Auto paint protection completed with FlexiShield covers the paint with a film containing a thermoplastic polyurethane component. The chemically enhanced characteristics of this type of film include elasticity, transparency, stain resistance, and abrasion resistance. These films reseal and repair themselves due to a reaction between hard and soft co-polymers that cause them to rebind and keep their form. The coating can heal itself whenever damage occurs.
Benefits of Paint Protection
Applying transparent protection to your paintwork can help preserve the look of your vehicle for a long time. Some of the other benefits include the following:
- As light passes through the film, it highlights the paint color, giving it a glazed, glossy look.
- It prevents typical environmental damage from occurring.
- Your vehicle will retain a much higher value.
- It’s easy to apply to your vehicle.
- Contaminants, such as insect spatter, bird droppings, sap, and road tar, are easy to remove using a cloth.
- Scuffs and minor scratches on the film’s surface vanish in minutes with just a little heat from the sun or a warm garage.
So, is auto paint protection worth it? The answer is yes—especially for anyone who cares about preserving their vehicle’s value and keeping it looking just like new.
Windows and Wheels Auto Detailing offers an auto paint protection film for your vehicle containing FlexiShield. Your vehicle’s exterior will glisten in the sun and stay in pristine condition for a long time with this. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.